SEO Fundamentals Part 1 - On-site SEO
Website owners can enhance their SEO efforts through on-site optimization, article submissions, and building backlinks. MALO Creative Media focuses not only on the structure and development of your website, but also the quality of your content. On-site SEO, followed by off-site SEO through article submissions and a good quality backlink campaign. Below we break down the on-site process.
1. On-site SEO: On-site SEO focuses on optimizing various elements of your website to make it more search engine friendly. Here are some key aspects we cover:
- Keyword research: Identify relevant keywords that potential customers might use to find your products or services
- Title tags and meta descriptions: Each page should have a unique title tag (around 60 characters) and a concise meta description (around 150-160 characters) that accurately describe the page's content and include relevant keywords
- High quality content: Create original, valuable, and informative content that addresses the needs and interests of your target audience. Use your chosen keywords naturally within the content
- URL structure: Ensure your URLs are descriptive and include relevant keywords. For instance, use "https://malocreativemedia.co.uk/search-engine-optimization/Oldham/seo.php" instead of " https://malocreativemedia.co.uk/page123"
- Header tags: Use hierarchical heading tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to structure your content. The H1 tag should include your main keyword and represent the main topic of the page
- Image optimization: Optimize images by using descriptive filenames and adding alt text. This helps search engines understand the content of the images
- Internal linking: Link relevant pages within your website to provide a clear navigation path for both users and search engines
To view ‘SEO Fundamentals Part 2 - Off-site SEO’ please click here